Libby Gill is the founder and CEO of executive coaching and consulting firm Libby Gill & Company. The former head of communications and public relations for Sony, Universal, and Turner Broadcasting, she is an international speaker, bestselling author, and former Dallas Morning News columnist.
AS SEEN ON
Libby talks about the secrets to setting goals with staying power from her book Traveling Hopefully in a special segment on CNN known as 'Fountain of Youth.'
GOOD MORNING TEXAS
Libby Gill on Good Morning Texas demystifies the coaching process and helps people find the balance between professional goals and personal passions.
NBC asks Libby for her expert opinion on Oprah’s branding for her OWN cable launch. See Libby's response how it pertains to you.
THE TODAY SHOW
Libby is profiled by Campbell Brown on her success strategies for triumphing over adversity and her book Traveling Hopefully.
After being quoted by the Associated Press on the brand strategy behind Oprah’s new cable channel, the Oprah Winfrey Network , Libby was asked to weigh in on OWN on the CBS News with Katie Couric.
In late 2012 after the unpopular unveiling of a new logo for the University of California, KCRW’s Steve Chiotakis speaks with Libby Gill, a brand strategist in Los Angeles, on what goes into a successful – or unsuccessful design change.
ATTENTION Producers & Hosts:
Feel free to use or adapt these questions for your background and preparation to interview Libby about her work as an executive coach, leadership expert, and bestselling author.
- You left a good job in the corporate world to start over as an executive coach. What lead you to that decision? Was it a difficult transition?
- What are some of the most common challenges you encounter working with leaders?
- Why do you say “hope” is the most overlooked element of leadership and corporate culture?
- You work with lots of organizations all over the world. What do you think are some of the biggest trends in the workplace?
- If you could have your childhood dream job, what would you be doing right now?
- What inspired you to write your book, You Unstuck: Mastering the New Rules of Risk-taking?
- You make an amazing promise right in the first chapter of You Unstuck. You say that you will personally coach anyone who follows your program faithfully and doesn’t get positive results. Aren’t you taking a big risk with a guarantee like that?
- What makes people so wary of change?
- As a coach for entrepreneurs and executives from all over the country, you’ve gotten a lot of people unstuck. Have you ever been stuck in your personal or professional life?
- Why do we get so excited about our goals and plans and then just drop off over time?
Capture the Mindshare and the Market Share Will Follow
- Unless you're a mega-company, is it really necessary to have a brand? And what about people working within corporations? Do they need a brand?
- You tell people that they have to “capture the mindshare” of their customers or clients. What do you mean by that?
- Your book outlines Seven Core Mindshare Methods that you say are critical to having a successful brand. What are they?
- I've heard you say that there are three "make or break" elements that every WOW website must have. What are they?
- You helped launch the Dr. Phil Show? How did you come to work with him? What was your strategy behind the launch?