There’s a global crisis in engagement, with workers performing at low levels of productivity – or worse – infecting the entire environment with their negativity. Libby guides organizations to understand the impact of culture on the bottom line so they shift mindset, strategy, and implementation.
Thirty years of data shows us that workplace disengagement is both a people and process issue, but most companies only address the process part of the puzzle. In doing so, they risk:
- High turnover – where workers feel that the grass will be greener somewhere – anywhere - else.
- Decreased sales – people are so mired in their internal problems, they forget that their highest value is getting in front of clients.
- Service and safety mistakes – people get sloppy, checked out.
- Lack of growth and development – we stop practicing incremental improvement.
- Failure to produce future leaders – we quit developing our internal bench strength.
Worst of all, disengagement is contagious. Just as positive habits like eating well and exercising spread to others in your immediate circles, negative attitudes and behaviors are also contagious and can cripple your culture.
Libby looks into employees’ hearts and souls, using anything from comedy improv techniques to round-table forums to address issues of fear, doubt, and change. By improving interpersonal relationships, communication and collaboration, and conflict resolution, she helps companies reinvent their culture so employees come to work because they want to and not because they have to. Libby customizes every program to fit business objectives, timeframe, and budget. Culture consulting outcomes may include:
- Greater openness and transparency
- Increased trust and respect
- Improved fluidity and cross-function collaboration
- Enhanced communication flow
- Decreased conflict
- More camaraderie, fun, and engagement